Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cito Beltran in today's Star "Seeing ghost" p.10. "while I trust Pnoy to do the right things, I have to confess that recent events were very disturbing for this survivor of Martial Law. When Pnoy came out w/select members of his cabinet and the Armed Forces and the PNP on tv and front pages of newspaper, the first thing that came to mind was when Marcos declare Martial Law. Even after pnoy clarified he was emphasizing the serious threat of a terrorist attack during the annual feast of the Black Nazarene... You have to excuse my paranoia but my memory reminds me of a former spokesperson who was forced to resign when he theoretically suggested anything is possible... Considering his unceremonious resignation, I  could not help wonder if that was because of loose lips or because he slipped something hush-hush... to add to my stress... a couple of netizen posts on Facebook suggesting what we need in our "Pasaway" or hard-headed society is a "Benevolent Dictator"...

No comments:

Post a Comment